Regulations governing the Reward and Punishment for Student Groups
NTU Student Group Reward and Punishment System
Revised and passed by the Student Counseling Committee in the 1st semester of the school year 2004 on January 6, 2005.
Article 1 In order to counsel the student governments and student groups (hereunder referred to as the Groups) in hosting events and activities, and recruit all the endeavors so as to make the Groups prosper and warn those who violate regulations, the School has stipulated the regulations as follows.
Article 2 The rewards and punishments for the Groups shall be dealt with according to the set of regulations except for special regulations.
Article 3 The rewards of the Groups are as follows:
The punishments of the Groups are as follows:
2. Suspend subsidization, equipment renting or other administrative support for the group from 3 to 6 months.
3. Stop the rights of the group to conduct activities or events for 6 to 12 months.
Article 4 The Groups shall be awarded with trophies, medals or certificates as a form of praise if any of the following conditions take place:
1. The performance of the promotion of the Chinese culture and academic study is regarded excellent;
2. The result of stimulating the patriotic spirit in peers or classmates is considered excellent;
3. The performance of conducting meaningful activities is regarded excellent;
4. The performance of attending an outside-the-campus contest is regarded excellent;
5. Those who improve the school image and atmosphere;
6. Those who dedicate to the pursuit of public welfare;
7. Those who exert a spirit of brotherhood and help peers;
8. Those who have worked hard to complete the tasks assigned by the School;
9. Those who have made contributions to the spread of the sportsmanship atmosphere,
or any other merits not included in the above conditions.
Article 5 The Groups shall be warned if any of the following conditions take place:
1. Not submitting the required written report to the counseling unit after the activity was finished;
2. Pastors or signs are not pasted on the right locations;
3. The account book and property list was not signed by the mentor of the group nor delivered to the School’s Student Activity Division for certification when the transfer of the Head of the group was completed.
4. Any other violation which is equal to any of the the above conditions.
Article 6 The Groups that have the following conditions shall be suspended subsidization, equipment renting or other administrative support for 3 to 6 months:
1. Re-election is not completed within the timeframe dictated by the School;
2. The Guidelines or rolls of the cadre and members are not updated in registry after the registry of the group was completed;
3. Group activities were conducted with neither the permission of the mentor nor the Activity Division and the violation is not deemed as serious;
4. Regulations regarding the off-the-campus people attending the group’s activities are mildly violated;
5. The time, venue or content of the group’s activity is changed without the prior permission of the authorities concerned and the violation is deemed as mild;
6. The group’s activity has hindered public safety or social order and the violation is deemed as mild;
7. The constitution of the members to the group is not limited to NTU students;
8. The items, equipment, or public facilities are missing or damaged after being returned;
9. The announcement of the group is not sealed with certification or the content of the announcement is inappropriate;
10. Tear up or cover up any announcement that is within the timeframe of an activity;
11. The shortage or damage of the group’s property;
12. The publications of the group are found not to be in consistent with the purport of the group or the publication;
13. The publication of the group was printed before being reviewed and certified, or the content of the printed publication was not the same as the manuscripts sent for certification;
14. The content of the publication violated Art 14 of the NTU Student Group’s Publication Counseling and Manuscript Reviewing, and the violation is deemed as mild;
15. The group joined the Web-based activities and violated the related Web regulations; the violation is deemed as mild;
16. The group does not return the surplus to the School after the allotment of the subsidy was done;
17. Any other violation that is equal to any of the above conditions.
The Item 7 of the above conditions has not been improved shall be punished according to Article 7.
Article 7 The Groups that have the following conditions shall be suspended conducting activities for 6 to 12 months:
1. Group activities were conducted with neither the permission of the mentor nor the Activity Division and the violation is deemed as serious;
2. Regulations regarding the off-the-campus people attending the group’s activities are seriously violated;
3. The content of the activity is altered without the permission of the School and the violation is deemed as serious;
4. The content of the activity affects public safety or the order of the society and the violation is deemed as serious;
5. The content of the publication violated Art 14 of the NTU Student Group’s Publication Counseling and Manuscript Reviewing, and the violation is deemed as serious;
6. The School’s reputation is undermined due to the Group’s publishing information without getting prior permission;
7. The group joined the Web-based activities and violated the related Web regulations; the violation is deemed as serious;
8. Any other violation that is equal to any of the above conditions.
Article 8 The School shall inform the cadre members of the Group to attend the meeting and give explanations; meanwhile, the mentor of the Group shall be present too.
Article 9 The rewards and punishments for the Group shall be announced in public and be informed to the mentor of the group.
Article 10 The set of Regulations will be announced and enforced after being passed by the Student Counseling Committee; the same procedures shall be undergone for future’s revisions.